Laser Dentistry in Rancho Cucamonga
Laser dentistry is the use of laser technology (focused light beams) to treat dental or oral problems. Laser treatment is preferred by many medical professionals and patients alike because it’s a highly effective and minimally invasive option. If you’re often anxious about dental procedures, the prospect of laser dentistry may put you at ease. Rancho Dentistry offers laser treatment to patients coming in for various treatments. Children and adults alike, including seniors, can benefit from this innovative treatment by booking an appointment with our dentist in Rancho Cucamonga.
Who Can Get Laser Dentistry?
Our dentist in Rancho Cucamonga utilizes laser technology to provide relief for patients with any of the conditions described below:
- Gum inflammation and gum disease
- Root canal infections
- Benign or non-cancerous oral tumors
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Gums that need reshaping to eliminate the appearance of a “gummy smile.”
- Removal of overgrown throat tissue to treat sleep apnea
- Reduction of inflammation to minimize temporomandibular joint pain
- Cold sores—laser treatment can reduce pain and accelerate healing
During your appointment, our dentist will give you all the information you require to decide whether you’d like to get laser treatment.
What Happens During Laser Dental Procedures?
When you come in for your laser dental procedure at Rancho Dentistry, you may be surprised to note the similarities with your previous dental appointments. During the visit, you’ll receive anesthesia as you normally would. If you have dental anxiety, our dentist may give you a sedative.
After that, the dentist will treat your gums or teeth with a soft or hard tissue laser. Don’t expect to hear any drilling sounds or vibrations, as would be the case with conventional dental tools. You may experience some bleeding, but this is normal, and the dentist will wipe the blood and carry on with the procedure.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
We encourage our patients to consider laser surgery for their next dental appointment because of the various benefits of this type of surgery, which include:
- Laser dentistry results in less bleeding compared to traditional dental surgery
- You’re at a lower risk for infection because the laser sterilizes your gums
- Laser dental procedures require shorter healing periods
- You’re less likely to need stitches after laser surgery
- Sometimes, it’s possible to forego anesthesia
Do you want to experience virtually painless dental surgery? Give Rancho Dentistry a call today to experience our cutting edge laser technology treatment.