Tooth Decay, Rancho Cucamonga CA
Call today to schedule an appointment or with any questions: 909-944-2800
What is Tooth Decay?
- Tooth decay is the destruction of tooth enamel.
- It is caused when foods with carbohydrates (sugars and starches) like milk, soda, raisins, sport drink’s, cakes or candy are frequently left on the teeth.
- The bacteria in the mouth thrive on these foods, which produce acids when combined with these types of carbohydrates.
- Over time, these acids will destroy the tooth enamel, causing tooth decay.
How Do I Prevent Tooth Decay?
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss in between your teeth daily.
- Maintain a healthy diet and limit snacking.
- Consult your dentist regarding supplemental fluoride, and dental sealants which helps strengthen your teeth and prevent decay.
- Maintain regular check ups with your dentist for professional cleanings and oral examination.