Post Operative Instructions after Composite (white) Fillings, Rancho Cucamonga CA
Call today to schedule an appointment or with any questions: 909-944-2800
Please follow these home care instructions for composite (white) fillings:
- When anesthetic has been used, your lips, teeth and tongue may be numb for several hours after the appointment. Avoid chewing until numbness has completely worn off. It is easy to bite or burn your tongue or lip while numb.
- You may take any over the counter pain reliever for tenderness or discomfort. You may take aspirin or Ibuprofen (Advil or Tylenol), unless you are allergic to these medications or have a medical condition that would prevent you from taking these medications. This will help with any soreness at the injection sites where your anesthetic was administered.
- It is normal to experience some hot, cold and pressure sensitivity after your appointment. Hot or cold sensitivity may linger for several weeks after the placement of the fillings. Usually these symptoms will subside over time.
- Your new fillings are fully hardened before you even leave the office; however it is wise to chew on the opposite side from the location of the newly placed filling(s) until the anesthetic has worn off.
- One of the most common problems following filling placement with anesthesia, is an incorrect bite. If your bite feels uneven please call our office so we can get you scheduled to correct your bite.
- If you have any further questions please contact our office as soon as possible at ☎ (909) 944-2800.