MI Paste Plus™, Rancho Cucamonga CA
Call today to schedule an appointment or with any questions: 909-944-2800
Just like MI Paste™, MI Paste Plus™ is applied topically to at-risk surfaces. This can be done by first cleaning the teeth and then smearing a small amount of MI Paste PLUS across the tooth surfaces with a clean finger or cotton-tipped applicator.
When applied immediately before bed, the material is then left in place, to dissolve slowly overnight. It is not rinsed out. MI Paste PLUS can also be applied topically to the teeth using a custom-made tray such as a pull-down tray made for applying a whitening gel.
- Apply using a clean finger or custom tray
- Leave undisturbed for a minimum of three minutes
- Spread around the mouth and teeth with the tongue and hold for one to two minutes
- Expectorate, do not rinse and avoid food or drink for 30 minutes
How often to apply?
- Nightly application is the standard recommendation
- For high risk patients, apply both morning and night
Can you brush on MI Paste?
MI Paste should be applied with a cotton swab, gloved or clean finger or with a custom tray. Brushing is not recommended to applying MI Paste.
How soon after I brush do I apply MI Paste?
After brushing with an over the counter toothpaste (1,000 ppm fluoride) immediately apply a pea-size amount of MI Paste to the tooth surfaces using either a clean finger or a cotton swab.
- MI Paste PLUS contains 0.2% (900ppm) fluoride. It is not recommend for children under six.
- It is not recommended for overnight application in children under 12.
- Do not use on patients with a milk protein allergy (caesin IgE) and/or sensitivity to benzoate preservatives
- MI Paste is not recommended for patients on dialysis